Each year we hire one Course Logistic’s Manger (CLM) and 2-4 Course Support Managers (CSM). Together they make up the support staff team. The CLM provides leadership and direction to the CSMs in prioritizing and addressing course needs. The support staff work behind the scenes to lay critical groundwork for the successful execution of SROM courses. Individuals filling these positions should be dedicated to the success of others and the success of the ministry as a whole. Common tasks include: restocking food, planning/executing course celebration parties, equipment organization, and shutting teams to/from trail heads. See job descriptions for further details.
- Course Logistics Manager – Position filled for Summer 2017
- Course Support Manager (Application Deadline Mar 1)
The Instructor/Logistics Assistant position runs from approximately June 15 to August 15 each year and is a hybrid between instructing in the field and supporting the ministry at the SROM base. This position gives the employee a holistic view of wilderness ministry, and is ideal for newer instructors. Read the job description below.
- Instructor/Logistics Assistant (Application Deadline Mar 1) — New Position!
General Employment Information
- Application deadline for Course Support Manager and Course Logistics Manger positions is March 1
- Application deadline for Instructor/Logistics Assistant is March 15
- The following must be submitted for the application to be complete:
- The applicant must have a valid driver’s license.
- The results of criminal and sexual offender background checks will be used regarding employment decisions.
- SROM staff are dedicated to the glory of God and Christ’s Kingdom.
- SROM staff are Godly representatives in Laramie and the outdoor community.
Pay and Housing
Course Support Staff (CSM/CLM)
SROM provides housing for the duration of your contract. This space is shared with other seasonal staff, instructors, and interns as they come and go during the summer. You will not get your own room! Board (food) is not provided. Housing is equipped with a kitchen and basic cooking supplies (e.g. pots, pans, utensils). You will be paid a monthly rate based on your position.
SROM will provide housing when you are not in the field. This space is shared with other seasonal staff, instructors, and interns as they come and go during the summer. You will not get your own room! Board (food) is not provided. Housing is equipped with a kitchen and basic cooking supplies (e.g. pots, pans, utensils). You will be paid a monthly rate regardless of time spent in the field versus time spent at the SROM base doing logistics support. See the job description for further details.
Course Support Staff (CSM/CLM)
You will work with Directors to determine the work schedule as dictated by the SROM course schedule. This work schedule does not follow a normal business work week; evenings and weekends are often required. Your work schedule will often differ week to week (flex-scheduling), and you may be required to work long hours before getting time off. You will not work more than 6 days a week straight through.
Upon arrival, we will provide an outline of your work schedule including courses you will work, time spent working at base, and days off. Keep in mind that this schedule is subject to change as needs arise during the season (e.g. unforeseen circumstances). Your work schedule will not follow a normal business work week; evenings and weekends are often required. Your work schedule will differ week to week (flex-scheduling), and you may be required to work long hours before getting time off.