The SROM board of directors is charged with the task of upholding and shepherding the SROM mission statement, setting vision for the ministry and holding the SROM staff accountable for the fulfillment of both the mission and vision set for the ministry. The board of directors is also responsible for:
- Upholding the mission of SROM
- Leading, supporting, and empowering the SROM staff
- Committing time, prayer, and finances to SROM
- Providing oversight, accountability, and evaluation to the ministry
- Representing the SROM mission to the public
Current Board of Directors
- Licensed to practice law: Wyoming Supreme Court, U.S. District of Wyoming, 2005.
- JD – Juris Doctor, University of Wyoming College of Law, Order of the Barristers, 2005.
- BA – Bachelor of Arts, Sociology, Political Science, Criminal Justice, University of Wyoming, 2002.
- Associate Attorney, Hathaway & Kunz P.C.
- Staff Attorney/Law Clerk, First Judicial District, State of Wyoming, Cheyenne, Wyoming, 2005-2007.
- Student Attorney, University of Wyoming Legal Services Clinic, Laramie, Wyoming, 2004-2005.
- Law Clerk, Cobeaga Tomlinson, LLP, Las Vegas, Nevada, 2004.
- Legislative Aide, Wyoming Public Service Commission, Cheyenne, Wyoming, 2003.
- Legislative Assistant, U.S. Senator Michael B. Enzi, Washington, D.C., 2002.
- Board of Trustees for Heartland BioComposites: Torrington, Wyoming, 2005-Present.
- Solid Rock Volunteer Instructor.
- Homegroup Bible study leader.
“Solid Rock has proven to be a dynamic experience in the lives of all the kids and young adults that have participated. Having been involved with Solid Rock over the past few years, I have seen the dedication of the Solid Rock staff and believe in the importance of this ministry. I am privileged to be associated with Solid Rock.” – Matt Kaufman
- BA – Biology, Wabash College, 1997.
- MD- Indiana University School of Medicine, 2001.
- Orthopaedic Surgeon, Sports Medicine Specialist, Traverse City, MI 2007-present
- Fellow in Sports Medicine and Shoulder Surgery, University of Colorado, 2006-2007.
- Resident in Orthopaedic Surgery, Indiana University School of Medicine, 2001-2006.
- Solid Rock Instructor, 1997-1998.
“Solid Rock provided a transformative event in my life that has influenced my relationships with God, my family and my fellow man. I feel so strongly about the necessity of removing ourselves from our modern world to spend time with God in His Creation. I am honored to remain a part of this ministry and assist with its mission in any way I am able.” – Brian Kerr
- BA – Economics, Wabash College, 1999.
- MBA – Indiana University Kelley School of Business, 2007.
- Sales Director/4th Generation Owner, Crescent Plastics, Cresline Plastic Pipe, Cresline-West, Cresline-Northwest, Wabash Plastics, 2007 – Present.
- Project Manager, Fifth Third Bank, 2002 – 2005.
- Business Analyst, Deloitte Consulting, 1999-2002.
- Active in my local church, small groups, and with various charitable organizations in my community
“I have known SROM and its leaders for many years and have witnessed the organization’s ability to impact and shape lives through Jesus Christ. With SROM, it is not about the wilderness, it is all about a relationship with Christ. I am honored to be a small part of this amazing ministry and look forward to seeing it grow and expand.” – Scott Schroeder
- BS – Education, University of Nebraska, Kearney, 1991.
- Internship at Newfound Harbor Marine Institute, Big Pine Key, Florida, 1991.
- Oil well service rig, Northern Production Company, Gillette, WY, 1992.
- Chemist, Gerald Gentleman Station, Sutherland, NE, 1994-1998.
- Teacher, Albany County School District, ACES program, Laramie, WY 2002-Present. Serving Laramie’s expelled and suspended students.
- Attended national at-risk youth conference, 2003, & 2008.
- Table in the Wilderness Ministries, Laramie, Wyoming, 1996-2002
- Program Director, RimRock Bible Ranch, Lingle, WY, Summers of 1987, 1988.
- Program Director, Lonetree Bible Ranch, Glendo, WY, Summers of 1989, 1990, 1992.
- Short-term mission work, Bogota, Villavicencio, Columbia, 1992.
- Short-term mission work, Tokatna, Alaska, 1993.
- Short-term mission work, Canberra-Sydney-Brisbane-Whitsunday Islands, Australia, 1993.
- Short-term mission work, Aix En Provence, France, 1993.
- Short-term mission work, Budapest, Hungary, 1993.
- Short-term mission work, Eldoret-Nakuru-Nairobi-Mombasa, Kenya, 1993.
- Hershey Baptist youth group leader, Hershey, Nebraska, 1995-1998.
- Director, Anchor Youth Center, Sutherland, Nebraska, 1998, 1999.
- Co-Director, Table in the Wilderness Ministries, Laramie, Wyoming, 1995-2002.
“I serve on the SROM board because I have a burden for young people, and I recognize their need to know Jesus Christ. I think SROM is a wonderful vehicle for bringing this next generation of young people into a face to face encounter with the Master of all creation.” – Dee Tillman
Drew Arnold – Chairman Emeritus
- BA – George Washington University.
- MA – Parks and Recreation from the University of Wyoming.
- MA – Div Fuller Theological Seminary.
- Fifth-grade teacher on an Indian reservation.
- Parks and Recreation Director for a Wyoming municipality, 1973- 1977.
- Youth pastor for eight years in the cities of Burbank (CA), Riverton and Casper (WY).
- 1984-98 pioneered and pastored Harvest Church of the Foursquare Denomination.
- Heart to Heart Crisis Pregnancy Resource Center Board of Trustees.
- Chairman of the Board with Solid Rock Outdoor Ministries, 2000- 2010.
“I feel I have been effective here in helping the ministry move forward and achieve its goals. I look forward to becoming a national and international ministry in the coming years.” – Drew Arnold
- BFA – Painting, University of the Arts Philadelphia, 1977.
- Self-Employed Artist, 1977-Present.
- Director of University of Wyoming Art Museum Educational Extension, 1995-1998.
- Arts Across Wyoming Roster Artist, 1981-2004.
- Arts in the Schools Educator, 1981-2004.
- Sunday school teacher.
- Praise & Worship Director: Harvest Church (15 yrs) & Evangelical Free Church (9 yrs) – 26 year total.
- Church Council: Harvest Church.
- Board member: Laramie Christian School, 1989-1998.
- SROM instructor, 1983-1996.
- SROM founding board member, 1984-2011.
“I serve on the board because I am totally convinced of the effectiveness of outdoor Christian education and experiential education in changing lives.” – Joe Arnold
- MS – Recreation Administration, University of Wyoming, 1976.
- BA – Sociology, Dominican College, 1968.
- Staff Development & Training/Manager Ark Regional Services, 1990-present.
- High Scope Endorsed Trainer at Early Childhood Centers: Saratoga, Hanna, Rawlins, Medicine Bow, Evanston, Wyoming, 1987-1990.
- Early Childhood Training Specialist: University of Wyoming, Special Education Projects, 1985-1987.
- Community wide women’s Bible studies, 2000-present.
- Rock Laramie Church, 2006-present.
- Prayer ministry & nursery ministry at Harvest Church, 2001-2005.
- Prayer teams & women’s ministries at Harvest Church, 1997-2001.
- Pastor’s wife, Harvest Church, prayer teams, nursery, children’s church, bible studies, women’s ministries, 1985-1997.
- Housing and hospitality for SROM summer instructors, 1989-present.
“I serve on the board because I believe in the mission and vision of Solid Rock Outdoor Ministries, and I am committed to SROM. I commit to prayer, financial support and hospitality for the ministry” – Mary Arnold